Sunday, April 10, 2011

Him Ala ya!

If you couldn't guess by the title, I am in a mountainous area... where the worlds tallest mountains are found. 
thats right! HIMALAYAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

(http://www.travel-visit-places.com/himalayas/)
I am currently at exactly these coordinates,
Latitude: 27°58'48.07"N
Longitude: 86°55'17.55"E
Yep, believe it or not, I'm currently taking a day hike on Mt Everest, but its okay because with my Unicorn wireless hotspot with 7g connection I can tell you all about the Himalayas while I'm observing their glorious splendor. Moments like this make me wonder, how were they made? 
Believe it or not, I already knew how they were made because I am an Expert geologist, and have graduated college, so I actually know!!  They Himalayas were formed when two converging plates carrying continents collided, and the continents 'welded' together. the force of the collision pushed the crust to be pushed up into a mountain range.
 
(http://www.cnsm.csulb.edu/departments/geology/people/bperry/geology303/geol303chapter5.html)
The Himalayas are the result of the collision boundary between the Indian subcontinent and the Eurasian subcontinent. they are being pushed upward at about 5 cm per year, but sitting here i cant feel a thing. 
You all will be so surprised about where I'm going next!!! 


Keep smart!  

No comments:

Post a Comment